Monday, January 2, 2012

Good News

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. H. scheduled for the 28th to do another ultrasound and help us plan the timing a bit better. Well, the appointment was rescheduled to the 29th because Dr. H. had to go to the hospital for a delivery, but it worked out better for me anyway.

She did another ultrasound, which by the way, both ultrasounds were done vaginally...have you ever seen what they use to do that? It's a little intimidating, but after experiencing it, it's no big deal and is more comfortable than the speculum, a.k.a. the dreaded duck beak.

Anyways, the ultrasound showed images of my uterus and ovaries, and according to Dr. H., everything "looks great." She informed me that I will ovulate on the left side again this month (it's a myth that you alternate ovaries each month) and that according to the size of the egg's cyst in the left ovary (20 mm), I was likely to ovulate that evening or the next day, so timing sex that evening would be ideal. Good to know ;)

I was so thankful that Michael was able to come with me this time and meet Dr. H. as well and be there for the ultrasound. We both feel confident that at this time, we should just keep trying the old fashioned way, and focus on growing our faith in the Lord for now. Lord willing, we'll successfully conceive without additional medical help.

If you feel led, I'd appreciate prayer for me to keep my focus on the Lord and my husband, and that I would enjoy this time of waiting prior to children, and would have a heart full of joy and thankfulness as I practice being patient. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment