Friday, February 25, 2011

Signs & The Guessing Game

Aunt Flow has officially left, hooray! Now it's time to play the Signs & Guessing Game, which basically means waiting for the proper signal that indicates it's O-Day (ovulation day). It's been my experience that I'll think O-Day happened on one day, and then a couple days later I think it happened for sure then, and then Aunt Flo will show up in the time frame that adds a third potential O-Day. So basically, it's a huge guessing game.

This game really used to drive me crazy. I would obsessively check online ovulation calendars and guess how long this month's cycle would be, and then the hubby and I would Baby Dance (a.k.a. sex) everyday during the highlighted fertility window. Well, I don't recommend this route when planning your Baby Dances. When your cycle varies like mine, you just end up putting unnecessary stress on you both.

Our motto now is: "Relax and Just Give It Time." We make an effort to Baby Dance every other day during cycle days 10-20 (approximately) and I am always on the lookout for the optimal cervical stuff (abbreviated EWCM often times). I keep the hubby informed about what I think is happening and he's happy to partake in the Baby Dances.

Supposedly sperm can live in a woman's cervix for up to 5 days. So, since my cycles vary so much, we go with the every-other-day frequency so that we can hopefully hit O-day with a Baby Dance on a future month.

Here's the latest data on my cycles:
  • All Cycles to Date (Started tracking a year and a half ago)
    • Max = 39 days
    • Min = 25 days
    • Average = 30.3 days
    • Median = 30 days
  • Last 6 Cycles
    • Max = 36 days
    • Min = 27 days
    • Average = 28.5 days
    • Median = 29 days
I'm currently on cycle day #9. And based on recent data (last 6 months), I could expect O-day to be on cycle day 15 or 16. But again, going off of cycle length alone is not sufficient. So couple this knowledge with watching for the appropriate cervical stuff (and tracking temperature and cervical position if you do those as well) and then just hope it will end in success.

No comments:

Post a Comment