Tuesday, February 7, 2012

God Intended It For Good

I'm a bit speechless at the moment. (Lucky for you, I can still type.)

In December I stumbled upon the Dancing Upon Barren Land blog by Lesi Westfall. She also leads a support group ministry for those struggling with infertility in the Houston area. Since then, a desire has grown in my heart to create a similar group at my church.

There were moments of self-doubt -- do I really want the world (okay, my church congregation) to know that we are struggling with infertility? After all, several of my co-workers attend my church, so what implications would that have on my reputation in the workplace? But I decided to email Lesli and see if there was any guidance she may be able to offer, or possibly some of her support group materials. Lesli has been so encouraging and helpful (thank you, Lesli!)

Then I mentioned this idea to a close friend (also struggling with infertility) and she suggested I speak to our pastor's wife and see if she'd be willing to help us get things started. After getting permission from Michael, I did just that. And let me tell you, she has gone above and beyond in being supportive! She has arranged for a specific DATE (March 23rd) for the first meeting and will ask her husband to pray over everyone.

I'm just taken aback at how quickly this small, mustard seed of an idea, has already started to bloom. But after all, that is how our God works, isn't it?

Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Something that has been so painful to endure, has already resulted in such a transformation of my character and faith, and is now going to outreach to others in the same situation and hopefully help grow their faith as well.

All I can say is: WOW!

2 comments:

  1. Christine, that is wonderful, made me tear up thinking about that meeting. Know that I'm praying for you too and I am encouraged by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete